Sunday, February 3, 2008

peek a BOO


background - pre noon, companyless, bright,still day; absolute silence, i notice my shadow falling on the rocks..... what resulted was a choppy piece of stream-of-consciousness writing.

note - the pic is from a different time, same location
Do i follow,
or does it follow me - my shadow?
- or am i one myself?
Im often advised by it about my anatomy - my hair in place- if not
But then 'I' command it mostly.
It has no inhibitions - falls on, steps on ,just about anything - it mingles well.
- It's formless, spineless!
Colourless?- or colourful?
Is my shadow my Reflection?? ( this question - assuming that It is my shadow, and im not one myself)
Opaque?-Transparent?-translucent?
is it alive?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful piece of poetry... I'm glad someone found a shadow worth writing on. It is indeed a very funny thing; maybe it teaches us a lesson somewhere; maybe we need to be more flexible and adjusting in life just like the shadow, without losing ourselves.

mehakchawla said...

shadow shadow on the wall..are you real, for you make me look so tall!!

are we the shadow or is the shadow us? do we create it or does it create us? valid questions all..and only people who have studied literature can even think of asking them!!